Monday, October 22, 2012

Long Time No Post: Just a few Random Things

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I havent posted on here lately I've been busy coming up with things to post about lol But I'm back and I have a few new things to show you guys :) one thing I love doing is putting together one outfit and either taking away or adding accessories to give it a new look here's one from Sunday :)

  I found this simple but versatile oxblood dress at Forever 21 for only $11, it was too good of a deal to not get it! Anyways I would consider this a daytime look for fall because even though the sun is usually out I am always colder during the day than I am at night I'm weird I know lol I paired it with a camel colored cardigan from again, Forever 21, black opaque tights, grey mary jane pumps from Ross for $20, a grey studded bag also from Ross for $25 and mint and gold jewelry the belt is off of a dress from tjmaxx

For my night time look I subtracted the cardigan, changed my earrings from large gold tear drops to simple green beaded ones because I wanted my necklace to stand out the most, changed the layered necklace to more of a statement one, added a gold bead bracelet and my MK watch, switched my mary janes to camel colored peep toe pumps to give my legs a more leaner look and to give my outfit more of a outgoing glam feel, and I switched my larger grey bag to a small classic cream colored flap.

MIMOSASSS<3
For my hair, I would have left it down for the night time outfit but I didnt have time to wash my hair before company came over which is what I love so much about a bun, if you are in a hurry and dont have time to wash your hair throw it up in a bun and it instantly adds a sense of chic to any outfit! For my make up I used a mixture of clinique super balanced make up in linen and Estee Lauder nutritious in intensity 4 in order to create my perfect shade. Otherwise it will look too light or too dark since i'm not tanning anymore but still have some what of a base tan. After applying foundation I set it with loose power then contoured my cheek bones with VS bronzer and highlighted down my nose, above the apples of my cheeks and my cupids bow with a white cream eye shadow. For my eyes I went with a gold base and contoured the outer corners with a dark brown and eggplant. I applied lashes, my favorite are the wispy demies by kiss, they're only $5 at walmart then winged my black eyeliner from revlon and applied one coat of voluminous mascara to blend my real lashes with the fake ones. For my lips I went with a burgundy brown from revlon called ginger spice   and tada! :)


close up of my cute flap, doesnt look so Chanel like? :)

I also made a Halloween cake lol I killed 2 boxes of food coloring to get it this purple haha but it came out exactly how I wanted it to and it was delicious!



                  AND NOW SOME OUTFIT OF THE DAY PICS SINCE I'VE BEEN AWAY

maxiskirt from Tjmaxx, sweater from forever 21


my night time outfit with out the belt lol


top from tjmaxx, tights from hourglass, skirt from forever 21, mary jane pumps from Ross



dress by Max and Cleo, blazer from herthas, shoes by Guess and clutch from Ross

sweater from charlotte russe, skirt from forever 21, tights from forever 21, booties by Michael Kors



On another note my skin is so bad right now and I know its because of what i've been eating lately so I cant wait to try this I hope it works and I'll keep you updated on what I'm consuming and if I see any progress!
I also made a twitter: eemilyynicolee so feel free to follow me, I will follow you back :)

Well that's all for now I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for taking the time to read! Time for Minnie and I to go to bed so goodnight y'all wishing you a great rest of the week! xo Em and Minnie :)








2 comments:

  1. I love your style ! I love how you dress similarly to me with incorporating some cheaper pieces with some high end stuff as well. That is what I always do ! Your closet is beautiful ! And I love the way you pair your accessories perfectly with every outfit ! You always look great down to the last detail !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much girl I really appreciate your support and kind words you are so sweet to go out of your way to say all that about me so thank you very much :) btw I tried commenting on your latest post but it wouldn't let me :/

      Delete