Tuesday, February 25, 2014

And I don't know what I've done to me...



































Romper- Forever 21, Jewelry- Body Central, Wine- Moscato... is there any other kind?! :)

 I recently did a photo shoot with my bestest friend Jessi Lambert, who actually did my very first photo shoot last year called the sweater girl. She is so amazing at capturing the flaws you see everyday and turning them into something beautiful. She's all about natural beauty and emphasizing your "bad sides" in order to capture the raw essence of who your are. However, for this shoot we both wanted to step outside of our comfort zones and push boundaries a bit. I love boudoir shoots but they have started to all look the same to me. The girl is in some form of lingerie with gorgeous curly hair, natural make up in red or black stilettos either upside down with their legs in the air on their feet crossed laying on their stomach. And thats fine but everyone is or has done it so being the radical I am, I wanted to do something different. No lingerie but instead a floral romper, no curls but rather the opposite with grunge like straight hair, chunky gold statement jewelry in place of an understated strand of pearls and as for the make up, harsh and dark. I wanted it to look seedy motel room chic inspired by the "Live fast die young" motto and Jessi's holga couldn't have been more perfect for this. I'll have you know though only wine was responsible for this shoot and nothing else so please get those thoughts out of your head okay? It was just wine. Lots and lots of wine :) There's a part two to this shoot but I'm saving that for the next post! Wishing you guys a great week and for my Southerners out there Happy Mardi Gras! Much love and so many more thanks!!! 
Em<3

Ps. Click here to check out Jessi's beautiful photography and here to set up a shoot with her, I promise you will love the entire experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment