Thursday, November 8, 2012

Eat your Way to Clearer Skin!

Hey guys! So I dont know about you but I have really oily, acne prone skin. I dont just get the usual blackheads and annoying pimples, I get what they call subcutaneous acne where its like a hard cyst under the skin and I cant do anything to make it subside and they are so painful. I also have a lot of pimples under the skin making my face look bumpy and rough I hate it! But I will say ever since I've been incorporating these ten foods into my diet I havent had any of my subcutaneous acne pop up and I can see my skin getting clearer every day so I thought i'd share them with you guys in case youre having the same problems as I was :)



 One is Omega 3 fatty acids. Found mostly  in salmon, flax seed, and walnuts:  
Omega 3 fatty acids are great for our skin . They aid not only in reducing skin inflammation 
and keeping acne at bay but they also give you glowing skin as well. You can 
increase your omega 3's by eating two servings of fatty fish a week such as salmon, 
mackerel or sardines adding a tablespoon of flax-seed oil to something or 
adding walnuts to your salads, smoothies or just as a snack.




Foods rich in vitamin E such as almonds, leafy greens and eggs help heal the skin from 
acne scarring. Vitamin E is just one of the many antioxidants that help us generate 
healthy skin cells. I love unsalted almonds as a snack or in my salad. Try to eat the
 unsalted ones because less sodium in your diet also aids in having clear skin.




Melons, oranges and tomatoes are all vitamin C enriched foods. Although vitamin C 
doesnt directly help in getting rid of acne, it does boost your immune system and 
strengthen your cell walls and also help in reducing inflammation and scarring.




Another is foods enriched with seleniumBrazil nuts, Onion, Garlic, Whole grains: 
 Brazil nuts are the perfect source of selenium which is a very powerful antioxidant.
 It helps in controlling acne and preserves the skin’s elasticity. It also reduces 
inflammatory damage to the skin. One Brazil nut a day is power packed for a days’ 
supply of selenium. Follow selenium intake with Vitamin A and E to pack in more acne fighting punch.




High water content foods such as watermelon, Cucumber, and parsley 
will help you achieve clearer skin because youre increasing your water intake 
which in turn helps keep your systems free from toxins. Any dermatologist 
will tell you if you want clearer skin drink up and increase your water intake! 




Foods such as bananas, artichokes and brown rice are high in magnesium 
which aids in balancing the acne inducing hormones. I love all three of these especially bananas.



Foods such as carrots, cantaloupes, sweet potatoes and other colorful fruits 
and veggies are very high in beta carotene. Beta carotene helps by enhancing the benefits 
of selenium to the skin. Try introducing atleast 1/2 cup of these colorful fruits
 and veggies into your diet, I love bell peppers in soup or stir fry. 




Another great way to get clearer skin is by drinking Green tea which is easy for 
me because I love it! Green tea contains two very powerful antioxidants which helps reduce
 oxidation damage and also inhibits bacterial colonization and soothes inflammation. 
Try drinking atleast three cups a day if you can.

 


 Cut down on the salt. For some reason, iodine causes acne to flare up. So to avoid 
this watch your sodium intake in processed and artificially flavored foods. Tv dinners 
have a crap ton of sodium so before you decide to settle with that Marie calendar pot 
pie check the sodium on the label you'd be surprised how much is in that little pot pie. 





And last but definitely not least stay away from the white family! White bread, white sugar, 
french fries, white rice and even white refined flour pretty much anything with white 
refined sugar should be off limits. They all hurt the process of getting clear skin because 
processed sugar causes your insulin to spike into causing acne to flare up.



I hope this helps you get rid of your acne or atleast keep it at bay thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a great weekend talk to ya'll soon! <3Em


No comments:

Post a Comment