Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Way's to Transition your Wardrobe from Winter into Spring :)



Hey guys! I hope you had a great weekend! Well, its that time of the year again when the snow starts to melt (if we're lucky) the sun seems to get brighter, the temperature transitions from cold to enjoyable and my craving for bright colors and lighter layers becomes unbearable telling me that spring is right around the corner. Heres how I plan to transition my current wardrobe into spring :)




winter into spring 

Max out your Maxi Dresses: One piece that I will be using quite a bit is actually a summer piece, a  maxi dress. I love maxi dresses they're cute comfy and easy to make a complete outfit with. But to give it a spring vibe instead of summer,  I'm going to pair it under a crew neck sweater, add a belt, some simple jewelry and BAM! I  have a chic spring outfit without having to buy new pieces :)





winter to spring
Bring on the Blazers! The thing that gets a little difficult with spring is the how unpredictable the temperature can be. Its too hot for a coat but not exactly warm enough for a sundress and thats were blazers come into play! I am definitely addicted to blazers. I have one in almost every color and some in the same color just different styles because they give you instant class and they can be paired with pretty much anything, skinny jeans, dresses, leggings you name it!



winter to spring

Lets get Floral! What's more symbolic of spring than floral prints?! um they pretty much take the cake! lol So I will definitely be incorporating pretty floral patterns into my wardrobe and I highly doubt i'll be the only one I think almost everyone loves florals they're so feminine and pretty and again very flexible with other pieces whether it presents as the staple piece in your outfit or just a hint, floral is flirty and fun!





neons

Neutral meets Neon! I have to say I was never a fan of neons before last year but now I absolutely love them!  I know neon is the universal color of summer but its also great for jazzing up those boring neutrals we tend to exhaust during winter. I am in lovee with hot pink and navy together soo cute!!






booties


Break out those Cut out Booties! You know those cute booties with cut outs on the side or the ones that have a peep toe? That seems to be the only kind I buy these days lol. Any ways they didn't really make sense to me for winter weather but they happen to be perfect for transitioning into spring! 




ombre

Lighten those Locks! One thing I love doing after winter is lightening my hair because I love to keep it dark during the holidays and light during spring and summer months. I usually get carmel or blonde highlights but this year I went straight for the ombre and can I just say.. OBSESSED! I'm not suggesting everyone go ombre but definitely give your tresses a new look, layer them, lighten them, shorten them, blow dry them straight, add a cute set of bangs, or simply get a trim to freshen them up. Your hair deserves a transition too!



Here's my ombre so far, not finished because we ran out of bleach but omg so in love with it so far! 




Well, those are the tips and ideas that I'll be using to transition into spring! I hope you found my suggestions/ideas helpful and feel free to share your opinions or ideas on this as well. By the way I promise to do reviews on the beauty products I got for Christmas as soon as my face heals, I have been struggling with my cystic acne lately so I haven't been able to do one yet but they're coming soon, promise! Thanks so much for reading and supporting, also Hello and thank you to my first three followers, it means a lot to me that you follow my blog!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, blog you later! :) XOXO Em

No comments:

Post a Comment